It happened during the summer of April 2012 in Bangkok, when Alonso learned that there are some foreign expats and travellers looking for a private guitar teacher who is willing to come and teach at the comfort of their homes. Alonso took that call and that's how he started Purpleplay. Along the way, the services offered has also evolved depending on the students' demand. Together with other start-up artists and friends, he also built a home studio recording and helped them write, arrange, and produce their original songs and covers. It becomes clearer that Purpleplay exists not only to provide lessons but also to help in crystallising music goals either by producing songs, performing on stage, or simply playing guitar along the beach.
- Alonso is from a countryside of the Philippines.
- His early lessons in music are mostly self-taught and from playing gigs with the bands.
- When he moved to Bangkok, he took formal lessons in Yamaha Music School.
- He also had a private lesson in classical guitar with Professor Yuttasak.
- He had the privilege to have a master class with guitar virtuoso, Marko Topchii from Ukraine.
- Today, he works as a freelance music teacher, song arranger, music coach, and producer for start-up artists.
- He occasionally plays solo gigs in some bars and hotels in Bangkok.
- His day time job is a science teacher (Graduate of B.S. Biology, and M.A. in Education)
- Currently undertaking reviews for ABRSM and Trinity College London Diplomas in Music
- Received a 'Distinction Award' in Music Theory from The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, 2019
- One of the finalists in Overdrive Acoustic Guitar Contest, Bangkok, Thailand, 2020
- Has released his original songs; Kamingaw, Isang Lupa, Uncertainty, First Home. All available in Spotify, iTunes, and other digital platforms. Click here.
- Alonso likes to explore different styles of music and gave equal respect to them, whether it's pop, reggae, country, blues, rock, classic, or jazz.